Neighborhood News Desk: Indian Government has taken multiple methods in order for the process of linking the Aadhar card number to various documents to be made easier. It’s compulsory to know which documents need to be linked holistically and what are the deadlines.
Even though the linking is compulsory and for the greater good it will be very tiring to run from door to door from one office to the next. Listing below are various documents to be linked with their respective deadlines.
- Aadhaar-PAN Linking: Current deadline is 31st Dec, 2017 however the government is thinking of extending till 31st March, 2017. Is very simple now and can be done online as well.
- Aadhaar-Mobile Number Linking: Deadline is 6th Feb, 2018. This is done by visiting the store of your mobile service provider or through the customer service. You can also link through the self generating OTP process.
- Aadhaar-Bank account linking: Deadline is 31st Dec, 2017 failing to do so will cause the bank account to no longer be operational according to the message from the revenue department.
- Aadhaar UAN linking: Aadhaar card is mandatory now for all the new EPF accounts and will be linked to the old accounts as well. Currently there s no deadline for the same but it is advisable to do so proactively.
- Aadhaar Insurance policy linking: According to the Indian Government guidelines it’s mandatory to link insurance policies to the Aadhaar Card before the 31st Dec, 2017.
- Aadhaar Ration Card linking: The linking of Ration card to aadhaar card can be done online on the official Aadhaar seeding website by a simple process or can be done offline by taking photo copies of the Ration card, bank passbook, passport sized photo of the head of the family to the nearest ration office.