Neighbourhood Lifestyle Desk: Sticky heat, arid weather conditions, dust and pollution are factors one has to deal with while planning a skin care regime in summer. If you have tried various store-bought products, yet not received the desired results, then this ingredient might be the answer to your skin and hair woes this summer.
DIY HOME FIXES
Here are some easy face and hair treatment packs that can be made at home using kaolin:
3. Heal your skin: Use 2 tsps of clay with 2 tsps of aloevera pulp or gel. Add a few drops of tea tree oil and apply on the face. This mask works for acne-prone and oily skin.
4. Mane matters: It can be used as a dry shampoo. Use a powder brush to dust a small amount of kaolin clay on your scalp. To make most of it, apply before the hair gets greasy. But apply only once between hair washes as using too much clay could lead to hair clumps.
5. Instant freshness: Take 2 tsps of kaolin clay, 2-3 tsps of low-fat yoghurt and 2 drops of lemongrass essential oil. Apply the pack on face, let it dry for 20 minutes and wipe off with a warm, wet washcloth. Apply astringent or moisturizer afterwards.
6. Skin soother: For sensitive skin, mix 3 tbsps of kaolin with 2 tbsps each of crushed lavender and chamomile flowers, ¼ cup oatmeal paste and some honey or herbal water. Apply on face for 20 minutes and rinse off with warm water. Follow up with moisturiser.
7. Softer locks: Mix 1 to 2 tbsps kaolin with water and a few drops of argan oil. Massage scalp with the paste and rinse off thoroughly.