Neighbourhood News Desk: Gigantic monitor lizard was found inside a girls’ hostel in Delhi’s Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology on May 16. A photograph of the reptile was shared on Facebook by NSIT’s in-house newspaper, The Alliance. Even though monitor lizard bites are not fatal to humans, they are painful and can lead to illnesses. In September last year, a two-feet long monitor lizard caused quite a stir in the Delhi Secretariat, before it was rescued.
Picture was taken by Kritika Anuragi, a hostel resident, was liked by 612 people and was filled with concerned comments asking the residents to stay safe and alert. NSIT appealed to all hostel residents to stay safe and keep their rooms shut. They also issued a waring against venturing near the jungles and to use only the main roads for moving around the campus.