Neighbourhood Lifestyle Desk: If the heat is taking away the fun from one’s workout regime, then you might want to explore the world of water workouts. Water exercises work on multiple levels, strengthening and repairing the body even as you burn calories.
WORKINGS OF A WATER WORKOUT
Ideally, a session lasts for not more than 45 minutes. The amount of calories burnt depends on body weight. If you weigh 80 kgs, then one can burn 500-600 calories in one session.
MIXING IT UP
Fitness is becoming a part of everyone’s day-to-day activity and they also require variations in the routine. Here, one can combine swimming along with aerobics and yoga. Also double up the amount of calories that are burning. Losing double the amount of calories for less amount of pressure.
1) Always work out under expert supervision.
2) When having allergies or infection, water activities will aggravate it.
3) Use sunscreen otherwise the rays will damage the skin.
4) Don’t go for water exercises during peak daytime hours because of getting a heat stroke. It should be done in the morning or evening.
5) Stay hydrated.
6) Don’t eat for at least 2-3 hours before getting inside water.
7) After workout, don’t drink fruit juices; instead eat a fruit. Juices contain high level of sucralose and fructose.