Cracked heels are an eyesore and could later aggravate and cause pain. Here are some ways to protect yourself from it.
Neighbourhood Lifestyle Desk/Avi Arya: Your feet are probably the most neglected parts of your body. While we do pay a good deal of attention to our skin or facial blemishes, cracks in the feet and skin problems are often ignored. Here are some simple tips to get smooth feet:
* Moisturize your feet: The lack of moisture can be a major cause of cracked heels is the lack of adequate moisture. Use a moisturizer twice a day to get rid of this problem.
* Warm water soaks: Soaking your feet in warm water that is mixed with honey can moisturize your feet as well as help to peel off the dead skin.
* Buy the right shoes: The kind of shoes you wear also make a difference. Avoid open-backed and thin-soled shoes which can lead to dirt gathering on the feet.
* Wear cotton socks: Walking around barefoot can expose your feet to dirt. Wearing socks can protect them from pollution and dust and keep your feet clean.
* Foot care cream: Opt for creams that list fenugreek as an ingredient to heal cracked heels. Fenugreek has moisturizing properties.