With rains affecting the normal life in Delhi and the NCR region on Friday, Delhi Traffic Police issued an advisory asking people to avoid certain areas and routes.
Neighbourhood News Desk/Avi Arya: Heavy rains continue to paralyse normal life in Delhi and its adjoining areas causing water-logging and traffic snarls at several places since Friday morning. Delhi, NCR, Ghaziabad, Vasundhara, Khoda and Greater Noida (West) were the worst rain-hit hit localities since morning.
Traffic has come to a near-standstill on NH 24, NH 58, NH 91 and the newly-constructed Raj Nagar Extension Elevated Road in Ghaziabad, besides most other city roads, due to water-logging. Here are the areas/routes which should be avoided:
- Modi Mills flyover
- Ghazipur-Mayur Vihar Phase 2.
- Badarpur and Ashram.
- Moolchand towards AIIMS
- Noida to Jasola U-turn
- Rajapuri Chowk Road No 221
- Jawaharlal Nehru Marg to Guru Nanak Chowk
- Badarpur to Mehrauli
- Ramlila Maidan road and near the MCD office
- Indirapuram, Govindpuram, Karpuri Puram and Swarn Jayantipuram