Neighbourhood Lifestyle Desk/Avi Arya: We must stay hydrated and drink at least 1.5 to 2 liters of water every day and our bottles come in quite handy to arrive.But when we say your water bottle can make you sick, we don’t just mean the toxic plastic bottles. Regardless of whether your bottle is stainless steel or glass, or any other non-plastic material, it is extremely important to wash it, sanitize it every day.
How to Clean?
- If your bottle has a cap or a straw, then they require a good cleansing too. You must give your bottle a deep clean, with either special or normal toothbrushes due to the fact that bacteria such as E.coil leads to food poisoning.
- Washing your bottle with a dish washing liquid and warm water is a safe method. Prepare soapy water, clean the edges and bottom with a brush, and rinse until the soap residue goes off. Make sure that you leave it in an upside down position to dry off with paper towel so the bacteria doesn’t find a medium to go back in.