A celebration of British doctor Sir Ronald Ross’ discovery of the female mosquito.
Neighbourhood Lifestyle Desk/Avi Arya: Takes place on August 20th in honor of congratulating British Doctor Sir Ronald Ross and his discovery in 1897 stating that the female mosquitoes are the carriers that transmit malaria to the humans.
It’s said that a tiny bite from even one of these is enough to be ill through life-threatening diseases.
Here are 5 Deadly Diseases from the female mosquitoes:
- Malaria: Caused by the bites from the female mosquito. Best way to treat it immediately at once is through a medication called Quinine.
- Dengue: Causes flu like illness and is found in tropical and sub-tropical climates as well as in urban area’s. No specific treatment is found yet.
- Zika virus: Caused by Aedes mosquitoes, through their bite. Symptoms include fever, rash, muscle or joint pain etc.
- Chikungunya: Spreads though the bite of a Aedes aegypti mosquito. Symptoms include headaches, fever, vomiting.
- Yellow Fever: A Disease from infected mosquitoes. Symptoms include fever, headache, jaundice etc.