Neighbourhood Lifestyle Desk/ Garima Kotroo: It’s on everyone’s agenda to have a clear and fresh skin at any age. Remember to keep your skin clean and well moisturized. Yes, your mother was right – never go to bed with a dirty face. Some other skin saving points that one can follow:
- Drink lots of water at least eight to ten glasses each day. Water will do more for your looks then the most expensive creams and lotions.
- Feed your skin from the inside out. Eat a balanced diet full of fibre, fresh vegetables, and fruit. You may also want to avoid salty foods and seafood. Both are sources of iodine, which can cause acne flare-ups in some individuals.
- Keep your hands off of your face.
- Use a weekly gentle scrub such as ground almonds, oatmeal, or cornmeal.
- Honey makes an excellent facial mask for troubled skin because it has antibacterial properties.
- Treat your skin with care. Do not steam or scrub your skin. This will only aggravate the situation and stimulate your oil glands.
- Relax and get plenty of sleep. A clear head often equates to clear skin. Lack of sleep and stress can sometimes lead to unexpected breakouts.