Neighbourhood Health Desk: As we age, our teeth lose their whiteness. Apparently, the light can’t pass through our teeth the way it once could, and as a result, it causes yellow-looking teeth.
But there had to be something that could be done, and with a little help from
books, and the Net in general, we found a few tricks that can help you keep
your teeth the whitest they can be. Unless you want to visit the dentist for a
bleaching treatment, there are a few tricks you can do at home.
- Choose lipsticks that contain blue tones instead of yellow (for obvious
- Watch the foods and beverages that you eat and drink. They will stain
your teeth. Apparently, if you can drink your beverages with a straw,
less staining can take place. So you know what to do with that next
glass of drink.
- Visit your dentist for regular cleaning and polishing. Your teeth do look
nicer after a visit, so don’t put it off.
- Get into the habit of using floss every day. It is more important than
you might realize. As a matter of fact, it might be a good idea to have
floss packs in different rooms so that they are handy where ever you
- Toss your toothbrush the minute it looks frayed.
- If you are unsure about the right toothpaste for you, ask your dentist
for a recommendation. He will be very happy to suggest something.
- Home whitening.. don’t use baking soda for stain removal more than
once a week. Using more often could remove the enamel from your